4.27.2009

Easter



Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays, I love it when Spring comes!!! Steven and I decided for Easter that we wanted to make each other Easter baskets.

We started by buying a bag of Easter grass at the store, then decid
ed that each person should have a specific color for their basket. Steve chose blue, I chose yellow, and Kristi chose purple. After we decided on the colors, we started getting candy that we liked. After we picked out our favorite candy, we had to find baskets for each person.
We searched for Easter baskets that
could be reused for decorating our house when Easter was over, instead of throwing them out when we were done with all of our candy. Steve and I looked all over for baskets, but I never found any that I liked. I was so frustrated! Finally, I remembered an idea that I got from a girl I go to church and work with, Amber Meadows. She made me a really cute paper sack decorated with scrapbook paper and ribbon and then filled the bag with cookies!
I made each person a bag--including Steve's parents and one for his brother James. I thought they turned out sooo cute! We even filled the baskets with color coordinated candy and Easter Eggs.
The night before Easter, we delivered the bags for Steven's family to their house. It was really late at night. We snuck around trying not to wake anyone up. Right as we
were almost ready to go, Steven's brother caught us. . . oh well!


The morning of Easter, Steven surprised me with flowers and a big glass flour container that I had been wanting! I was so excited! He is so thoughtful!
Later that day, we drove to my oldest sister Amanda's house in Heber for dinner. Joshua, Amanda's husband, made roast beef for dinner. . . it was amazing. We played games and just sat and talked to each other. It was so nice to see everyone. My nephews are so cute, we made cupcakes for dessert that they got to frost. Trystan, my oldest nephew, would frost them and Gavin, my youngest nephew would lick the frosting off of the cupcakes. Mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment